One person was hurt in a Wednesday night apartment fire in Topeka.

Crews were called to the Madison Street Apartments around 8:15 p.m. Everyone got out, but firefighters did have to rescue one person from a second floor apartment.

The fire was accidental, a stove top burner ignited nearby combustibles. The sprinkler system activated and extinguished the fire. The victim was taken to a hospital to be checked out. A cat was also rescued.

Everyone was able to get back in after smoke was ventilated from the building.