The man who was found with the vehicle he was living in on fire last Wednesday has died.
According to a release from Topeka Fire Marshal Mike Martin, 53-year-old Russell Dean Harris Sr. has died as a result of injuries from the fire.
Fire crews were called to 561 NE Sardou just after 10 a.m. Wednesday. They found a vehicle engulfed in flames and Harris was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The fire started in the vehicle and was confined to it. A malfunctioning space heater is the likely cause of the fire.